The following projects are ongoing in my laboratory. I am currently recruiting two graduate (M.Sc.) students and two Honours students for project 1, one graduate (M.Sc.) student for project 2, and an Honours student each for projects 3 and 4. I am also involved in several collaborative research projects.
Please contact me if you are interested in becoming involved in any of these research areas.
1) Ecological and Evolutionary Functional Genomics: Gene Discovery in A Non-Model Organism, the Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes)
2) Phylogeography and Postglacial Dispersal Patterns of Brook Trout (Salvelinus fontinalis) in Labrador, Canada
3) The Evolutionary History of LINCL Mutations in the Island Population of Newfoundland
4) MtDNA Genomic Phylogeography of European Chaffinches (Fringilla coelebs): Flying Aboard the ArkChip
Collaborative Research Projects
5) The Codmother: MtDNA Genomic Phylogeography of Atlantic Cod (Gadus morhua) - with Dr. Steve Carr (Biology)
6) MtDNA Genealogy of Newfoundlanders - with Dr. Steve Carr (Biology)
7) Molecular analysis of stomach contents and diet of harp seals (Pagophilus groenlandicus) - with Dr. Garry Stenson (DFO) and Dr. Beth Perry (GaP) - Honours research of Kirk Hart
My research program is supported by a five-year NSERC Discovery Grant.