BA, Knox, 1958
MA, Emory, 1964
PhD, Missouri, 1968
Honorary Research Professor
Phone: (709) 864-8964
Office: Queen's College, QC-4003
Fisheries and coastal peoples, environmentalism, industrial ethnography, political extremism, medical anthropology, community health; North Atlantic.
- Mi’sel Joe: An Aboriginal Chief’s Journey. With J. K. Crellin, editors & compilers. St. John’s: Flanker Press, 2009.
- Voyage to the Grand Banks: The Saga of Capt. Arch Thornhill. St. John’s: Creative Books Publishers, 1998.
- Healthways: Lifestyles and Coping From the Voices of Newfoundland Elders. With J.K Crellin and B. O’Dwyer, editors. St. John’s: Creative Publishers, 1998.
- Alternative Healthcare in Canada: Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Perspectives. With J.K. Crellin and J.T.H Connor, editors and compilers. Toronto: Canadian Scholars Press, 1997.
- North Atlantic Maritime Cultures: Anthropological Essays on Changing Adaptations. Editor and contributor. The Hague: Mouton Press, World Anthropology Series, 1979.
- North Atlantic Fishermen: Anthropological Essays on Modern Fishing. Contributor and co-editor, with C. Wadel. St.John’s: Memorial University of Newfoundland, Institute of Social & Economic Research, 1973.