BSS (Anthropology) University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. 2002
MSS (Anthropology) University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. 2003
- Thesis: The Impact of the Social Subordination of Women on Maternal Health Care Practices’
MA (Anthropology & Women's Studies) Brandeis University, MA, USA. 2007
- Thesis: “Dreams of Freedom, Days of Norms: Marriage and Domesticity as Experienced by Women in Bangladeshi Diaspora in the USA”.
PhD Candidate (Anthropology) Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Thesis Topic: Obligation and Intimacy: Bangladeshi Immigrants to Canada and the Negotiation of Transnational Sibling Relationships
Gender inequality, human rights, public policy, transnationalism and migration, Islam and religious politics, culture of practice, political economy
Fulbright Graduate Scholarship 2006
Vanier Scholarship (SSHRC, Canada) 2012
Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship 2012
- (Nov.) When having rights is not right. Anthropology News, American Anthropological Association. Special Issue on Power. http://www.anthropology-news.org/index.php/2012/11/23/when-having-rights-is-not-right/
- Religious Education in Bangladesh (Book Chapter, forthcoming), jointly with Dr. Mahmudul Alam and A T M Shaifullah Mehedi (15 pages)
- [Bangladeshe narir aingoto odhikar shommondhe shochetonota o proyoge protibondhokota shomuho: ekti somajtattik bislashon] Women’s Consciousness about Legal Rights and the Barriers to Implementation: A Social Analysis. Joint Paper. Published in Bangladesh Unnayan Shomikkha, 25:41-61 (peer reviewed)
- [Grameen Bangladeshe Martishathosebay samajik shongskarer provab: ekti nriboiganik onushondhan] Impact of Social Beliefs on Maternal Healthcare in Rural Bangladesh: An Anthropological Quarry. Published in Bangladesh Unnayan Shomikkha, 23: 29-51. (peer reviewed)