Geoff Gallant, BA'99
Mr. Gallant is an accomplished community board member with excellent executive experience. Geoff believes transparency, sustainability, and innovation are key components of success for any organization. He has 16+ years experience as a senior technology consultant and 10+ years of active community leadership at the executive and grassroots levels. He would be honored for the opportunity to apply his respectful leadership style, professional skills and passion for community service to Memorial’s Board of Regents to help oversee the continued success of our province’s most important educational institution.
Partial Profile Highlights:
- Deputy Mayor, Town of Torbay (2009 to Present)
- President, NL Stewardship Association of Municipalities Inc. (2010 – 2015)
- Vice Chairperson, Jack Byrne Arena, Torbay, NL, Vice-Chairperson (2009 – 2015)
- CBC The Current, subject of national story – “The Generation that Returned to NL”, 2016 (http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-in-st-john-s-newfoundland-for-march-9-2016-1.3482966/generation-that-returned-to-booming-newfoundland-worries-for-future-1.3483153)
- Holy Trinity Elementary School Council, Co-Chair (2009-2011)
- Chairperson, Torbay Environment and Trails Committee, Torbay, NL (2007 – 2009)
- Veteran of many election campaigns at the municipal, provincial and federal level (2008+)
- KPMG National Award Recipient for Community Leadership (2014)
- Torbay Citizen of the Year nominee (2008)
- Founder “Room for One” Refugee Committee (2015+)
- Pouch Cove Lions Club, “Speak Out” public speaking contest, Judge (2012+)
- Numerous speaking engagements on various environmental, municipal, and political topics including: NL Environmental Industry Association (NEIA), Ducks Unlimited, ACAP Humber Arm, Newfoundland and Labrador Environment Network (NLEN), CBC Radio, CBC TV, and VOCM (2008 - Present).