Supports for Memorial students,faculty and staff affected by U.S travel restrictions
Memorial University is providing supports for students, faculty and staff affected by the U.S travel restrictions. Read more here.
NOTE: We understand that this situation is uncertain, and we continue to offer supports for those affected by the U.S. travel restrictions.
1. How will Memorial determine who is eligible for the application waiver?
Citizenship will be used to determine if an applicant is eligible for the application fee waiver. The waiver will be offered for the 90-day period ending April 30, 2017, regardless of where the applicant resides at the time of application.
2. How will the waiver be applied?
An applicant who is eligible for the waiver will pay the application fee by credit card at the time they submit their application online. They will receive a refund from Memorial University on the same credit card approximately two weeks after the application is processed.
3. Who can current students affected by the travel restrictions contact for guidance and support?
- Natasha Clark, Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) with the Internationalization Office on the St. John’s campus can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Juanita Hennessey, international student advisor with the Internationalization Office on the St. John’s campus can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chris Hibbs, international programs coordinator with the Internationalization Office on the St. John’s campus can be contacted at email@example.com.
- The general office for the Internationalization Office can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shanda Williams, Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), Student Services, Grenfell Campus, can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Nicole Watson, coordinator, international programming, Grenfell Campus, can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sonia Ho, international student coordinator, MI International, Marine Institute, can be contacted at email@example.com.
4. Who can academic employees affected by the travel restrictions contact for guidance and support?
The Office of Faculty Relations provides support and guidance to academic staff members, and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional resources and context on the executive order and how it affects post-secondary institutions, visit http://www.nafsa.org/Professional_Resources/Browse_by_Interest/International_Students_and_Scholars/Executive_Order_Travel_Ban__NAFSA_Resources/.