Lab Campus - Arctic and Subarctic Studies
Vice-Provost, Labrador Campus, and Dean, School of Arctic and Subarctic Studies
Update: Oct. 12, 2022
The search committee for the role of vice-provost, Labrador Campus and dean of the School of Arctic and Sub-Arctic Studies has completed its review and evaluation of candidates in a careful and deliberative process, and in accordance with university practice, is presenting Dr. Ashlee Cunsolo as the finalist candidate for the role.
Dr. Cunsolo, interim dean, School of Arctic and Subarctic Studies, will give a public presentation online and in-person on Wednesday, Oct. 26 from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. (AST) in Labrador; 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. (NST) in Newfoundland.
All students, faculty and staff across campuses are invited to participate. A moderated Q&A session will take place at the conclusion of Dr. Cunsolo’s presentation. Online participants will be able to submit questions to the moderator during the event.
Details on how to participate online will be shared with the university community as soon as they are available.
The in-person presentation will take place in the Nunacor Conference Room, Nunacor Building, located at 169 Hamilton River Road, Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
The candidate’s curriculum vitae is available here.
Update: May 13, 2022
In accordance with the Procedures Governing the Appointment, Review, Promotion and Tenure of Academic Administrators, a search committee has been established for the role of vice-provost, Labrador Campus and dean, School of Arctic and Subarctic Studies.
Elected members include:
- Scott Neilsen, Department of Archaeology
- Sylvia Moore, Faculty of Education
- Amy Hudson, School of Arctic and Subarctic Studies
- Arn Keeling, Department of Geography
Appointed members include:
- Rob Shea, Vice-President (Marine Institute)
- Kanani Davis, Chief Executive Officer, Mamu Tshishkutamashutau Innu Education
- Jodie Lane, Director of Education, Education and Economic Development, Nunatsiavut Government
- Margaret Steele, Interim Provost and Vice President (Academic) – Chair