Free 24/7 Mental Wellness Support for Students
Need to talk to someone?
keep.meSAFE is a free mental health service available any time of the day or night by calling:
- 1-844-451-9700 within North America
- 011-416-380-6578 outside of North America
keep.meSAFE provides students with free real-time and/or appointment-based support in 60+ languages for any school, health or general life concern. The service is completely confidential within the limits of the law, which means that no one – including your family, friends or professors – will ever know that you used the service unless you choose to tell them.
Get help and advice about:
- being successful at school
- practical issues while studying
- relationships with friends and family
- language and cultural barriers
- stress, sadness and loneliness
- balancing work and school
- difficulty adjusting to life in Canada
Ways to Connect
- Mobile App - Download the My SSP app (through the Apple App Store or Google Play) to connect with a counsellor anytime by chat or telephone. Also, access resources on health, living away, relationships and student life. Access to on-demand fitness and mental health assessment tools is also available.
- Telephone - Access phone support any time of the day by calling 1-844-451-9700 (within North America) or 001-416-380-6578 (outside of North America).
- Web - Students who do not have access to a smartphone or tablet, can access chat support and self-help resources on the keep.meSAFE website.
This free service program is available 24/7 to all full-time and part-time undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at Memorial University who have paid their student fees.
Service Delivery Outside of North America
Students outside of North America can access the Chat feature while using data or Wi-Fi. If you are experiencing difficulties accessing the chat feature, check your data/internet connection. Some countries may have additional firewall protections in place that block certain apps. If this is the case, consider calling 001-416-380-6578 for services.
There are three options for calling keep.meSAFE outside of Canada or the United States:
- Make an international call from your phone. You can always ask the intake coordinator to call you back so that you do not incur international charges.
- Call collect or make a reverse-charge call. Follow the specific calling instructions in your country. All international calls are live-answered call so we can accept any related charges.
- Call using an internet/Wi-Fi connection from a device that enables this feature.