Welcome Week Volunteers
Enthusiastic volunteers are needed during for Welcome Week (the new name for Orientation)! Volunteers will participate in training events as well as Welcome Week events.
How can I register to be a volunteer?
- Complete the form found on this page.
What will I do as a volunteer?
- Work in a team to facilitate Welcome events.
- Provide campus tours for new students.
- Assist with set-up and preparation for events.
- Assist campus and community partners upon arrival on-campus.
- Create an open and welcoming environment for new students and their families as they arrive on campus.
Know the Benefits.
- Improve on their leadership and professional skills.
- Develop skills in self-awareness and decision-making
- Further skills in cooperation and team-building
- Gain an intercultural awareness
- Gain knowledge of the programs and services Memorial University has to offer.
- Include as volunteer hours with the VIP Program.
Who Should Register?
- Undergraduate and Graduate Students of Memorial University.
- Students looking for experience in event planning and mentorship.
- Students who have a positive attitude and want to share their experiences with new students.