Memorial Student Leadership Conference
SUPERPOWERS (MSLC 2018) is happening Feb. 3, 2018
Find out more and register here!
The Memorial Student Leadership Conference (MSLC) is an annual one-day event offered to all students at Memorial University. This year students from the College of the North Atlantic will be invited to attend as well. This conference is filled with interesting and interactive sessions that are built on practical experiences, leadership theory, and community service.
MSLC 2017 happened on Saturday, January 28, 2017. See you there!
The concept of an annual student leadership conference began in 2003 with a conference style event known as Leader Forum on the St. Johns campus. The Leader Forum ran from 2003 to 2010, when the event changed in name to The Memorial Student Leadership Conference. Throughout the day, students experience a keynote address and a choice between multiple concurrent sessions that each focus on a different topic of leadership and skills development. Lunch is provided at no cost to participants. The main goal of this conference is to provide current and emerging student leaders with a common ground to develop their own understanding and appreciation of leadership education.
What will I do at MSLC?
- Participate in sessions that focus on leadership theory and skill development.
- Interact with fellow student leaders as well as campus and community leaders.
- Explore personal definition of leadership.
- Reflect on leadership experiences and be inspired to pursue future goals.
- Become aware of leadership opportunities at Memorial as well as in the community.
Benefits of attending MSLC:
- Develop a greater understanding of leadership as it applies to you and the community.
- Enchance skills in critical thinking, self-awareness, reflective thinking, and collaboration.
- Network with fellow students as well as community leaders.
- Apply new concepts to current work/educational endeavours.
- Include as a Professional Development Seminar within the VIP Program.
- Include on your CCR.
Who should attend?
- Undergraduate and Graduate students at any of Memorial University's campuses (St. John's, Marine Institute, Grenfell).
- Students at the College of the North Atlantic.
- Students looking to enchance their understanding and appreciation of leadership development and apply skills learned to current and future endeavours.
- Students looking for professional development opportunities.