What is Discover Talent?
Career Development and the Blundon Centre have collaborated to develop the Discover Talent program. Discover Talent is an inclusive job shadowing program targeted towards students who are nearing the completion of their degree and who self-identify as having a disability. The program will allow students to explore career options, develop positive work attitudes and behaviours, and build their professional network.
Students will be connected to an employer that directly aligns with their interests, educational background and career goals. Each student will have the opportunity to conduct an informational interview and engage in a learning activity with the employer they are matched with.
Are you looking to prepare for a successful transition from university to launching your career? This inclusive experiential learning opportunity will allow you to:
- Explore career options
- Build your professional network
- Develop transferable skills
- Recognize individual strengths
- Challenge assumptions and stereotypes
- Increase the awareness/importance of accessible and inclusive work environments
Tips for a Successful Experience:
- Complete research on the organization before you begin
- Continuously apply your knowledge, skills and strengths
- Be engaged, maintain an open mindset and ask questions
- Request the employers' contact information to connect in the future
Connect with Us!
If you are interested in learning more or have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.