Community Legal Authorities

You are encouraged to connect with the police.

Sexual assault is a criminal offence. Individuals who experience sexual assault have the option of making a report to the police. You may wish to seek support from the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. The Sexual Harassment Advisor is available to support you in making this decision and you may find it helpful to review this infographic from the NL Sexual Assault Crisis and Prevention Centre about Reporting to the Police. If you decide to proceed with reporting, the Advisor can assist and support you in filing a report with the police. If you are not interested in making a report at this time, it is suggested you write down as many details of the incident as you can and keep any personal effects that may be relevant so that you can refer to this should you decide to make a report in the future.

Royal Newfoundland Constabulary (RNC)
911 (24hr emergency)

Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
911 (24 hr emergency)

If you are a Marine Institute student living in residence on St. John's campus, you may also wish to seek support from Campus Enforcement and Patrol 864-8561 or 864-4100 (24 hr emergency)

The Journey Project Team (launching Jun 19, 2018)
1-833-722-2805 or email