Start university before you finish high school!

Concurrent Studies

If you are a student in, or about to enter, your final year of high school and you have an overall average of at least 85 per cent in courses required for university admission, you can get a head start on your future by taking a university course while still going to high school. You can take a university course in the fall (Sept. - Dec.) semester and another in the winter (Jan. - Apr.) semester.

To enrol in a concurrent studies course, you will need to:

  • Apply to Memorial by completing an Application for Admission/Readmission form. Your application must be accompanied by a $40 application fee - but once you have been accepted you won't need to reapply next year.
  • Submit a letter from your high school principal or guidance counsellor clearly recommending your admission for concurrent studies. Also, include a letter from you requesting enrolment in a specific course.
  • Send these items to: Admissions, Office of the Registrar, Memorial University, St. John's NL, A1C 5S7

Your application for concurrent studies will be evaluated by the University Committee on Admissions.


Faculty of Science

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000