How to use C-CART
C-CART offers training on almost all its instruments for hands-on use (see exceptions on instrumentation description). Users will need to register with C-CART first and then discuss training with the appropriate staff. Training will be provided only once the user is ready to run his/her own samples.
C-CART users are provided with a username and password that give them access to all the computers within the C-CART facility (instrument and processing computers). It also gives them secured access to their own data. The data are all saved on a server and backed up at two levels.
C-CART users will also be given access to the online scheduler. The online scheduler is used to book instrument time as well as for important communication from the facility. Use of an instrument without prior booking will not be tolerated.
Infrequent MUN users may also submit samples to be run by the facility staff. To that end, they should contact directly the person in charge of the instrumention for more details.
Registering with C-CART
- Complete the registration form.
- Your username should be your first name initial followed by your last name. Example: John Doe -> jdoe
- Your password should have at least 6 characters.
- Sign the form to confirm you have read and understood the general rules of use of C-CART.
- Have the form signed by your supervisor.
- Bring the form back to Dr. Celine Schneider to complete your registration.
All registered users must comply to the CCART Lab General Policies described here.
External academic users
External academic users can either sign up with C-CART for on-hand use of the facility or submit samples to C-CART staff. In the latter case, they should contact directly the person in charge of the instrumention for more details.
Non-academic users are welcome to submit samples to C-CART staff. They should contact the person in charge of the instrumentation for more details.