OPE Graduate Student Job Opportunity (Part-Time)
Are you interested in helping Memorial make a positive difference outside the university?
Memorial’s Office of Public Engagement (OPE) is looking for someone to join their program team.
OPE is an academic support unit that helps connect Memorial students, faculty, and staff with the people and organizations of Newfoundland and Labrador (and beyond.) We are a small, committed team that believes Memorial has an important role to play in the life and culture of this province.
You can learn more about OPE at www.mun.ca/publicengagement.
Working with the OPE team at our office at Memorial’s Signal Hill campus (or remotely, depending on your location,) the successful candidate will support OPE staff with our primary programming areas: funding, awards, and education & training programming.
The successful candidate will also help out with special projects as they arise (and they always do!) This job includes attending regular meetings (either in person or virtually,) so it might be better suited to a student with a flexible schedule.
Tasks could include:
- Supporting public event planning (emailing panelists, developing draft event scenarios, etc.)
- Helping with funding adjudication committee meetings
- Supervising students through Memorial programs (Co-ops, internships, ISWEP, etc.)
- Writing stories for the Tandem, Memorial’s e-newsletter
- Working with the team to develop a consultation plan for the next phase of Memorial’s Public Engagement Framework
- Taking meeting minutes and actions, and following up to make sure actions are done
This would be a great position for a student who is interested in public policy, social change, communications, strategy development, higher-education, and/or community engagement.
- Must be a registered Memorial graduate student
- High-level writing and communications skills
- Open to taking on new tasks, sometimes without 100% clarity
- Strategic thinking
- Good work habits, including organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Curiosity and willingness to join in brainstorming and discussion
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Experience/ability to learn digital tools such as Canva, Mailchimp, Buffer, Qualtrics, Social Media (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook), WebEx and Zoom
Rate of pay: Memorial graduate student rate of pay
Dates: Beginning Fall 2022 (TBD in collaboration with successful candidate)
To apply, please send a cover letter & resume to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is September 9th, 2022.