Every year, Memorial recognizes individuals for their outstanding contributions in research, teaching, service and public engagement with the President’s Awards.
Recipients of the awards are nominated by colleagues, students, and peers, and are chosen by selection committees.
The 2021 awards will be presented at a special ceremony in St. John’s at the Emera Innovation Exchange, Signal Hill Campus.
A list of 2020 recipients is available.
Please visit the links below for more information about the individual awards and their nomination processes, noting that nomination deadlines are staggered throughout the year.
Teaching and Graduate Supervision
- Outstanding Teaching (Lecturers and Instructional Staff) - Mar. 7, 2022
- Outstanding Teaching (Faculty) - Mar. 7, 2022
- Distinguished Teaching - Mar. 7, 2022
- Outstanding Graduate and Postgraduate Supervision - Mar. 7, 2022
- Outstanding Research - Nov. 30, 2022 (awarded in 2023)
- University Research Professor - Nov. 30, 2022 (awarded in 2023)
The John Lewis Paton Distinguished University Professorship - April 1, 2022
Exemplary Employees - Coming soon
Exceptional Community Service - September 30, 2022
Public Engagement Partnership - April 18, 2022