Procedure for Filing a Protected Disclosure
Approval Date: 2017-05-11
Effective Date: 2017-05-11
Responsible Unit: Office of the General Counsel
1. Any Member of the University may make a Protected Disclosure to the Executive Director of the Office of the Board of Regents, who serves as the University’s Protected Disclosure Coordinator (PDC).
2. To file a report, contact the Office of the Board of Regents:
Protected Disclosure Coordinator
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL A1C 5S7
In the event the Protected Disclosure involves the Executive Director of the Office of the Board of Regents, the report may be filed with the Chair of the Board of Regents, who will follow a process similar to that which is outlined here.
3. The report of Wrongdoing should be submitted in writing and include the following information:
(a) the party(ies) involved;
(b) the nature of the Wrongdoing;
(c) the date(s) of the Wrongdoing;
(d) any other information necessary to evaluate the matter.
4. Upon receipt of the Protected Disclosure, the PDC shall respond in writing to the Discloser acknowledging receipt of the Protected Disclosure, within five (5) Days and shall proceed to the Procedure for Investigation of Alleged Wrongdoing.
5. In cases where any of the parties involved in the report is an Associate of the Executive Director of the Office of the Board of Regents, the Chair of the Board of Regents shall serve as the PDC,
6. Any Discloser who experiences any type of Retaliation as a result of making a Protected Disclosure, should immediately inform the PDC, who in turn shall contact either the Department of Human Resources or the Office of Faculty Relations.