One* reference form from an academic source is required for all nursing applications. Reference forms must be submitted by the document submission deadline: February 3.
*LPN Bridging Applicants: TWO letters of reference are required. One reference must be from an academic source and the other must be from a current employer or an individual who can assess clinical performance.
Reference Form- Important Information:
- If you are a post-secondary applicant, your reference should be written by a professor who taught you a course. If you are a high school applicant, your reference should be written by a teacher who taught you in high school. References from guidance counsellors, school principals, family friends, or employers/managers are not appropriate.
- Applicants will submit their referee'(s) email address when completing their online application for nursing. The Registrar's Office sends an automatic reference request form to referees via email. The applicant does not see or receive the reference form at any point of the application process.
- It is VERY IMPORTANT that applicants submit their reference'(s) email address correctly on their nursing application. If the email address is incorrect, we will not receive your reference form, and your application will be deemed incomplete. Incomplete applications are rejected from the competition. NOTE: once your Nursing application is submitted, your information cannot be changed.
- Applicants should send a verification email to their referee’s email address before they provide it on their application to ensure it is accurate. As well, applicants should contact their referee to ensure they have received the reference form.
- Applicants should select referees who can accurately speak to their potential academic ability in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)(Collaborative) Program. As well, reference forms from family members, family friends, co-workers, or anyone who could present a form of bias will not be accepted.
- Applicants should contact their referee before providing them as a reference to ensure they have permission to use them as a reference.
- Applicants can log into their application account to ensure that their reference form(s) and all other required documents have been received by the admissions department. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all documentation, including reference letters, are received by the admissions department on or before February 3.
- If you need to inquire about a missing reference letter, or to ensure that your letter has been received, please email email@example.com before February 3.
- NOTE: Brightspace emails (firstname.lastname@example.org) emails for professors do not work for the reference form. Brightspace emails work for international communication in the platform only.