Supports & resources
- Student Life: A website dedicated to new and current students that includes a listing of remote supports, services and events. If you wish to set up a time to chat with someone from one of the following units, or have a question, please reach out directly to a staff member or email the unit and someone will be in touch:
- Student Wellness and Counselling Centre: This centre offers a number of online and phone-based community mental health and wellness supports.
- Grenfell Campus Counselling and Psychological Services: Counselling and Psychological Services (CPS) at Grenfell Campus supports the mental health and well-being of students through the provision of clinical services and educational programs. Please direct email inquiries to email@example.com.
- Remote Student Experience: These remote online events share useful information to help students complete their term and get ready for the next steps in their journey.
- Ask Me Live Studio: Live, interactive video sessions where students will have the opportunity to meet the people who provide the support from student support units and faculties/schools. Click here for a full schedule and past recorded sessions.
- CITL Support Centre: Need support for learning remotely or using the tools and technologies in your course? CITL's Support Centre is available during extended hours, 7 days a week.
- Learning Resources: Access helpful information and self-paced guides to help you use Memorial's learning technologies.
- The Commons: Take advantage of remote workshops, one-on-one tutoring, campus computer labs, writing support and more.
- Course login: Access your course site in Brightspace, Memorial's learning management system.
- Courses and programs: Looking to take an online course or program? Choose from over 475 online courses, and a variety of programs offered fully online or mixed mode.
- Semester start-up guide: Whether you are a new or returning student, the essential information outlined in this guide will help you get the most out of your online studies.
- Weekly calendar for online courses: This calendar is based upon the dates published in the University Diary. Fully online courses follow this schedule.
Graduate Student Supports
- Resources for Graduate Students: This page is a collection of resources and advice for graduate students who are commencing or continuing their programs remotely.
- I want to…: This page is a collection of common requests, forms, and resources for graduate students.
- Graduate student newsletter: A biweekly newsletter is emailed to graduate students providing important news, updates and opportunities.
- Enhanced Development of the Graduate Experience (EDGE): EDGE offers over 100 free online workshops and programs for graduate students to foster the development of professional and academic skills.
- Entrepreneurship Training Program (ETP): The ETP is an online education program designed for graduate students interested in starting a business or learning the fundamentals of entrepreneurship.
- Teaching Assistant Training Program: The TA Training Program is offered to graduate students in thesis-based programs to help them understand TA roles and responsibilities. A certificate of completion is provided.
- Teaching Skills Enhancement Program (TSEP): The TSEP is a two-semester program designed to introduce graduate students to teaching at the undergraduate level.
- 3-Minute Thesis (3MT): The 3MT competition is a research communication competition in which graduate students present their research concisely to a non-specialist audience.
- Writing support for graduate students: Memorial’s Writing Centre offers online services and resources for graduate students.
- Thesis Writing Group: Regular online writing groups are offered for graduate students writing their theses, major research papers, project reports or term papers.
- English Language Skills for University Success: Each semester, 10 free workshops are offered to graduate students interested in improving their speaking and writing skills in academic contexts.
- Integrity and Research Ethics - Scholarly Essentials: A collection of resources and advice on ethical standards, guidelines, policies and practices for all graduate students.
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Lunch & Learn sessions: EDI sessions consist of a panel discussion intended to raise awareness and address equity and diversity issues in graduate education.
- Counselling Services for Graduate Students: The Student Wellness and Counselling Centre provides counseling supports specifically for graduate students.
- Family Program: Memorial’s Family Advisor provides individual and group advising and programming for graduate students with a spouse and/or children.
- Graduate student clubs and societies: A list of current clubs and societies ratified by the GSU open to all graduate students.