MMaP has a state of the art music restoration lab, as well as equipment for the production of audio and video documentaries, which is housed in our Ethnographic Video and Sound Lab. The following is a partial list of software and equipment that our staff, research associates, and graduate students access in their work.
• Industry-Standard Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software: Nuendo 12.0.60, Pro Tools 10
• Universal Audio Apollo 16 Interface with extensive UAD2 Plug-ins Library
• Izotope RX9 Advanced, noise reduction software
• Pro-Ject Xtension 10 vinyl record player, equipped with 2M Black and 2M Black 78 cartridges
• Adobe Creative Suite 6
• Final Cut Pro 10.6.5
• Avid Media Composer video editing software 8.5
• A variety of audio recorders: solid-state handhelds, direct to disc CD-R and DVD-R, DAT, MiniDisc
• Vintage analogue technology: 1/4" Reel-to-Reel Otari MX5050, cassette player
• Multiple 1080 HD/60 FPS video cameras
• Music notation software workstations equipped with Finale.