MUNCAT is the Memorial University of Newfoundland Competency Assessment Tool, a digital application designed to provide formative assessment of resident performance of specialty-determined entrustable professional activities (EPAs). The resident receives coaching tips and feedback from the observer during a conversation that occurs at the moment the activity occurs.
MUNCAT is a comprehensive App and Dashboard system used to record, track and display a resident‘s EPAs as they progress over time. The tracked learning activities are required by the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Canada and the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
The app captures the specialty-determined entrustable professional activities in order to collect, organize and present data on the MUNCAT dashboard, pertaining to these assessments, to allow for efficient summative assessment of each resident learner, as well as cohorts of residents.
- Use of Memorial University single sign-on (use the my.mun.ca account)
- Works iOS, iPadOS and most versions of Android
- Secure and encrypted data
- An observer tracking PIN makes submissions quick and easy
- Discipline specific EPAs
The MUNCAT team offers a dedicated hour on WebEx to help resolve issues that may be difficult to describe through email. It is also an opportunity for users to share their experiences and offer suggestions of improvement that will positively impact their workplace based assessment using MUNCAT.
MUNCAT Support Date/Time:
- Every Tuesday from 3:30 - 4:30 PM
- Join via WebEx: https://mun.webex.com/join/MUNCAT
- If necessary, face to face meetings can be arranged, following all COVID-19 protocols, if issues cannot be resolved via WebEx.