Videoconferencing enables people located at different places to communicate visually at the same time. Technical solutions are used to transmit voice and video communications simultaneously – thereby eliminating distance as a barrier to effective and highly interactive collaboration.
Videoconferencing solutions provide a number of benefits to users:
- Reduces time, travel and environmental costs associated with travelling.
- Enables meetings to be conducted more rapidly or on a more regular basis, thereby increasing the speed of decision making.
- Connects educational facilities together to enable the delivery of distance education in a highly interactive distributed classroom environment.
- Activities/sessions can be easily recorded and accessed on demand – thereby becoming enduring materials versus one-time events.
Ways in which HSIMS’ clients use videoconferencing:
- Education: To extend the audience reach of educational programming – both in real time by delivering programming to various locations and asynchronously by recording events that can be viewed on demand.
- Health: To facilitate remote diagnosis, health professional consultations and home care.
- Legal: To conduct arraignments, depositions, and testimony via video.
- Business: To hold meetings with stakeholders and interviews with candidates without the requirement to travel.