The Sutu Award
Are you a first, second or third-year student at Memorial University? Do you have an idea that solves a problem? Are you interested in creating a product to solve that problem?
The Sutu Award is for you!
The Sutu Award helps a student in their first, second or third year of any program who is interested in developing a product and working with the Memorial Centre for Entrepreneurship (MCE).
Established by the founders of Sutu, one of the winners of the inaugural 2017 Mel Woodward Cup, this annual award is valued at $1,000 and will be granted to a student in their first, second, or third year of study in any undergraduate program at Memorial University.
This award is also an excellent prep for the Mel Woodward Cup, where students can win $25,000 to work on their entrepreneurial project!
To be eligible, a student must:
- be in their first, second, or third year of study;
- have an idea/product they want to pursue;
- obtain a current average of 50% in the courses for which the student is registered on the last day for dropping courses without academic prejudice; and
- obtained a cumulative average of at least 55%.
* The award will be granted by the Senate Committee on Undergraduate Scholarships, Bursaries and Awards on the recommendation of the Director of MCE.
The recommended students will have spoken with potential customers to advance their potential ideas/products and demonstrated the commitment to advance their startup idea.
If you have any questions, make sure to check our FAQ page or send us an email.