The Department regularly hosts mini-courses, bringing together researchers from around the world and students from Atlantic Canada. The AARMS Summer Schools were held at this Department in 2002-2004 and 2011-2013. Since its creation in 2006, the Atlantic Algebra Centre has organized a number of mini-courses on various topics in algebra.
- AAC Mini Course: "Functional Idnetities and Zero product Determined Algebras." will be given by Professor Matej Brešar (University of Ljubljana and Univeristy of Maribor) on September 10-14, 2018
- AAC Mini Course: "Tensor Categories and Topological Field Theory" will be given by Professor Christoph Schweigert
(Universität Hamburg) on March 5 - 9, 2018.
- AAC Mini Course: "Hopf Algevras and Their Generalizations from Categorical Point of View" was given by Professor Gabriella Böhm (Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Science) on March 6-10, 2017.
- AAC Mini Course: "Nichols Algebras" was given by Professor István Heckenberger (University of Marburg, Germany) on March 14 - 18, 2016.
- XVII AAC Mini Course: "Branch groups: theory and practice" was given by Professor John Wilson (Oxford University, UK) on September 13-19, 2014.
- AAC Mini Course: "Representation theory of Lie algebra of vector fields on a torus" was given by Professor Yuly Billig (School of Mathematics and Statistics, Carleton University, Ottawa) on February 20-22, 2014.
- AAC Mini Course: "Tropical linear algebra and its applications" was given by Professor Alexander Guterman (Moscow State University, Russia) on October 1-5, 2012.
- AAC mini conference "Combinatorial Theory of Groups and Hopf Algebras" was held at Mount Allison University in Sackville, NB, on October 14, 2012.
- The VII AAC International Workshop "Groups, Rings, Lie and Hopf Algebras. III" was held at Bonne Bay Marine Station of Memorial University of Newfoundland in Norris Point, NL, from August 12 - 18, 2012.
- The XIII AAC mini course "Growth of Groups and Related Topics" was given by Professor Rostislav Grigorchuk (Texas A & M University, USA) on May 8 - 11, 2012.
- The XII AAC mini course "Non-commutative Cryptography" was given by Professor Vladimir Shpilrain (City College of New York, NY, USA) on February 26 - March 3, 2012.
- AAC Mini-Course "Computing in Commutative Algebra"
October 4 - 8, 2010.
- AAC Mini-Course "The Semiprimitivity Problem for Group Rings"
March 28 - April 3, 2010.
- AAC Mini-Course "Representations of Finite Dimentional Associative Algebras"
October 4 - 10, 2009.
- AAC Mini-Course "Composition algebras and their gradings"
May 4 - 8, 2009.
- AAC Mini-Course "Algebraic Coding Theory"
March 30 - April 4, 2009.
- AAC Mini-Course "Introduction to Affine Group Schemes"
November 12, 2008 - December 3, 2008.
- AAC Mini-Course "Free Algebras and PI -Algebras"
September 5 - 10, 2008.
- AAC Mini-Course "Introduction to pointed Hopf algebras"
May 17 - 24, 2008.