Labrador Institute of Memorial University
We are currently in Alert Level 2.
The Labrador Institute remains committed to the health and safety of our faculty, staff, and students, and the people and community of Labrador. We hold an abundance of caution as a foundational principle for all our decision-making and our actions, and recognize the unique and diverse health contexts and risks that face Labrador.
As part of Memorial University, we work closely with the other Campuses throughout the province to ensure that we are both following strong public health protocols and supporting students, faculty, and staff in alignment with other campuses.
We also follow the protocols and advice outlined by Labrador-Grenfell Health, the Nunatsiavut Government, the NunatuKavut Community Council, and the Innu Nation, in ensuring all of our teaching, research, and community events in Labrador meet and exceed public health requirements, and keep people safe.
Key updates under Alert Level 2
- Faculty and staff continue working remotely.
- All classes are now remote.
- All work-related travel is suspended.
- All in-person and fieldwork research activities are postponed. For more information about the impacts on research, please visit this page.
- Access to classroom and office space is restricted, and requires permission and approval from the Dean.
- The Library and Archives are closed, and contact-less pickup is currently suspended. Virtual library services are still available through the Memorial University Library system.
We continue to encourage all members of our community to download the Government of Canada’s COVID Alert app, follow Public Health guidelines and reach out for support as needed. Anyone experiencing symptoms, even mild, of COVID-19 should use the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador’s assessment tool, or contact 811.