Service Name: Role-based Email
The Department of Computing and Communications (C&C) supports a centrally administered Email service targeted primarily towards providing a single email account for individuals. The outcome of this service is the provision of non-personal email addresses, and the management of auxiliary name-space. Institutional and situational needs for generic or role-based accounts are handled on case-by-case basis for Identity Management purposes.
- The C&C Technical Support Group (TSG) supports the various aspects of the service including LDAP entries, E-mail spool and flags, and Account Password support.
How to request this service:
- Service requests can be submitted via completion of an on-line form –http://www.mun.ca/cc/services/onlinehelpform.php.
- Service requests must be placed through the Service Desk to initiate support on this service offering. Requests are logged in the Remedy incident management system and managed through Service Level Agreement forms.
Out of Scope:
- Non-Memorial users
- C&C reserves the right to reject any request for auxiliary name-space.
- Requests for unmanaged accounts.
- This service is available 24/7, 365 days except during periods of maintenance and upgrade.
- Service outages are managed through the RFC ITIL process.
- This service is given response accordingly five business days a weekTechnical Support Group provides data restoration and manages backup service.
Processes and Tools:
- The Service Desk provides information, assists in the completion of forms, document verification, and the management of LDAP information.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- The Service Desk provides front-line client liaison and incident management services.
- The TSG assigns service role specialists.
- The TSG manager arbitrates the best application for name requests and identity management
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of clients
Revision: March 2014
Service Owner: Manager, Technical Support Group