What is Skype for Business?
Skype for Business is a collaboration tool that enriches communication by bringing people to your work (instead of bringing your work to people). With a single client there are many ways to connect such as:
- Instant message(IM) between two or more employees
- Share your desktop or programs with other meeting participants
- Indicate presence or activity through integration with your Outlook calendar Join online meetings, revise and compare content, and present information from wherever you happen to be.
- Start conversations and collaborate directly from Office programs
- Use your computer as a telephone
- Desktop Video Conferencing
Use collaborative tools while in a Skype for Business meeting
- OneNote integration – record meeting notes
- Customisable interface – decide what your meeting attendees can see and do
- Polls – to ask a question or make a decision
- Whiteboard – for sharing ideas
- Present a PowerPoint presentation
- Questions and Answers facility
- Share files with attendees
- Share desktop
- Simultaneously co-edit a document with other attendees
What do you need to use Skype for Business?
If you want to use voice and video you will need Microsoft Office Suite and a headset, microphone and webcam.