After You Arrive
- Settle in
- Register with the Internationalization Office
- Attend Orientation
- Pay your tuition fees
- Collect your Campus Card
- Write the English Placement Test, if necessary
- Write the Math Placement Test, if necessary
- Update your new address and phone number
- Learn about our Family Program services for your spouse / children
- Learn about working in Canada
- Connect with IO
- Connect with Memorial
- Learn about immigrating to Newfoundland and Labrador
- Understand the Canadian tax system
- After a long day of travelling, it is important to eat something to give you energy.
- If you are living on campus be sure to arrange with the residence office where to get your keys.
- If you are living off-campus, ensure you have arrangments made with with your landlord or with the temporary accommodations you have booked.
- Email your family and let your family know that you have arrived safely. Still have questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is very important that you register with our office & do TWO things.
1. Complete the ONLINE check in form available through my.mun.ca.
Click the 'student' tab; then 'launch' the 'student services' tab,
then click "ISA Services" and "Check In"
2. Attend ONE 'New Student Group Information Session'
- Check back with us at the beginning of each semester with dates, times and locations of the Information Sessions for new international students
- Join our Discussion Group and discover what awaits in each building on the St. John's campus. Date and time TBD in the IO Social Room, 1000H Corte Real (MUN Map).
- Undergraduate Orientation Information
- Graduate Orientation Information
- Parent Orientation Information
- Deadline to pay fees is the first day of classes. Once you open a bank account, fees can be paid through online banking by adding Memorial University as a "Bill payee".
- Fees can be paid using Memorial Self Service but must be done by Mastercard.
- Fees can also be paid in person at the Cashiers Office, Arts Building room AA1023 or by direct bank transfer prior to arrival. For more information about fees payment contact the Cashiers Office at 709-864-8228.
Effective July 1, 2013, Moneris (Memorial's clearing house for credit card payments) will charge a 1.95% convenience fee to those who use a credit card to make payments on student accounts.
Tuition fees are due on January 4, 2018 for the winter semester: after this deadline, a late fee will be charged to your Memorial University financial account. Spring semester fees are due on May 7, 2018, the first day of spring classes.
After you have ordered your campus card online via your My MUN account you can get your campus card from The Bookstore, UC2006 once you are on campus. It takes 2 - 3 days for cards to be processed. These cards will give you access to many areas on campus, including the library.
If you are applying to student residences, you are encouraged to apply for your campus-card on-line.
- Your campus card will be your room key.
- To avoid the line-ups and make your check-in a smooth experience, please request your campus-card on-line by setting up your My MUN account and accessing your "ISA Services" tab once you have launched your "Student Services" tab.
- Still have questions? Email email@example.com
Check your requirements: the English Placement Test determines the appropriate English course for which you should register. This test should not be taken by ESL Intensive English Program students. Check your requirements for your EPT HERE
Determine the level of math right for you: general information on the MPT and example tests can be found in the current issue of "A Guide to First Year", and online. You will have to register for the math placement test before you register for a math course.
You can register under your selfservice account as an undergraduate student by looking at the current course offering and searching for course: 1MPT. If you do not plan to take a math course, you are not required to write the math placement test. Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your new address and phone number is the contact information Memorial will use for future communication with you. If it's not updated all information intended for you will be communicated to your old address and phone number.
How to update your contact information:
- Visit the MUN website (www.mun.ca)
- Select Memorial Self-Service from the top menu
- Log-in using your student number and pin
- Select Personal Information
- Under Personal Information select Update Addresses and Phones
- View your new contact information, select current
- Make the necessary changes and click submit
- Review your updated contact information
- Select exit from the top right menu to log out
The International Families Coordinator provides support to international student families as they make the necessary adjustments to settle into their new home in St. John's. The IO Family Program can provide information on family health care, schools for children, daycares for children, family tax benefits, work/volunteer opportunities for spouses, ESL opportunities for spouses, local community supports and parenting resources. Learn more about our family program.
- Connect with a career advisor if you have any questions about job search and employment.
Facebook International: https://www.facebook.com/MUNinternational/
Facebook Internationalization Office: https://www.facebook.com/InternationalizationOfficeMUN/
Discussion Group happens every Wednesday from 4-5pm in the Social Room next to our office in the Corte Real building to provide support and learn new things together. There is always interesting conversation and lots of laughter.
Coffee Club happens every Friday from 3-5pm. Students casually drop in and have free coffee/tea and sweets and meet other students on campus. You will have the opportunity to learn about Newfoundland and hear fascinating stories from students from all over the world!
Join a Student Group: Research shows that students involved with extra curricular activities on campus, usually have a positive study experience.
For all other questions email email@example.com