Welcome (Back) to Memorial University
We are delighted that you have chosen Memorial University to further your education. It is our hope that we can welcome you in-person during the 2021-2022 academic year.
Students Travelling to NL from within Canada
On June 2, 2021 the NL Government announced their reopening plan to Canadian travelers. We encourage all students to review the plan, but we have highlighted some key points below.
Any students traveling from outside of Canada will still have to follow all federal quarantine and testing requirements.
As early as July 1, 2021 (based on vaccination rates and COVID-19 cases):
- Non-essential travel from within Canada is permitted.
- Fully vaccinated Canadians have no testing or self-isolation requirements.
- Partially vaccinated Canadians must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result administered within three days of their departure date, or self-isolate following arrival until receipt of a negative test result.
- Unvaccinated Canadians must self-isolate for 14 days following arrival.
- Mixed groups of vaccinated and unvaccinated adult travellers follow the rules for unvaccinated travelers.
- Vaccinated adults travelling with unvaccinated children under the age of 12 years follow the rules applicable to the adults’ vaccination status.
- Newfoundlanders and Labradorians returning home from out-of-province travel will be required to follow the rules above according to their vaccination status.
Atlantic Bubble Reopening (PEI, NB, NS)
The Atlantic Bubble is set to open again on June 23th. Students travelling from these provinces will not be required to get tested or self-isolate upon entry. More information can be found on the Government of NL's website as it becomes available.
*If you are required to self-isolate and need extra support please complete the arrivals form*