Fall Protection Training (WHSCC Approved Course)
Who should attend this course?
Any Memorial University employee working from heights above 3.0 meters is required to complete a fall protection course approved by the WHSCC.
In 2012 changes to the NL Occupational Health and Safety Regulations made it mandatory for anyone working from heights of 3.0 metres or more to use fall protection equipment and complete a fall protection training course approved by the Workplace Health and Safety Compensation Commission (WHSCC). Knowing how to properly use fall protection equipment is critical for the safety of workers working from heights.
This WHSCC approved training program consists of classroom discussion and demonstration, practical training and trainee evaluation and certification giving all employees the fundamental information to protect themselves from injury due to a fall from height.
- the importance of fall protection training
- legislative roles & responsibilities of all workplace parties
- fall Protection legislation
- roles and responsibilities of employers who develop fall protection plans for the * use of fall arrest systems or personal safety nets
- fall protection system forces and clearances
- types of fall protection systems, equipment and components
- fall arrest system equipment and components
- the use, care, storage, maintenance and inspections of fall protection equipment, systems and components
- the general requirements of a fall arrest rescue plan
Course Duration: 2 Days (in person)
Completion requirements: 100% attendance, passing grade on written exam
Course includes: Certification on behalf of the WHSCC – Recertification is required after 3 years
Approved Training Providers for Fall Protection Training