Study Abroad Program at Las Nubes EcoCampus, York University - Spring/Summer 2023
The Study Abroad Program at Las Nubes EcoCampus offers several courses during the academic year, though which students are given an unprecedented opportunity to interact with and learn from the local rural Costa Rican communities through first-hand lessons on tropical ecology, sustainability, indigenous education, arts, health, and conservation.
The emphasis of the programs is on experiential education, building on their long-standing relationships with diverse communities and groups in Southern Costa Rica, including women’s organizations, agricultural cooperatives and producers, environmental protection and social justice groups, and indigenous communities, within others.
- Duration: 10 days for Summer courses
- Number of Credits: 3 per course
- Course Activities: Lectures, guest speakers, hikes, visits to sites and to communities, conversations with local stakeholders, hands-on projects with local organizations.
- Room and board: Accommodations are a combination of homestays and hotels depending on the course. Local Costa Rican food will be provided taking into account dietary restrictions and/or preferences.
- Deadline: March 10, 2023, for Spring/Summer 2023 program
If interested, please click the registration link below to sign up for one of their info sessions.
- Monday, January 16, 1 PM (EST)/2:30 PM (NL local time): Zoom Registration Link
- Wednesday, February 8, 2:30m PM (EST)/ 4 PM (NL local time): Zoom Registration Link
- Thursday, March 2, 11 AM (EST)/ 12:30 PM (NL local time): Zoom Registration Link
More information can be found on the following website https://lasnubes.euc.yorku.ca/education/programs/#GS
The University of Santa Cruz do Sul's International School 2023 - Winter 2023
- Students from various countries;
- Learn some Brazilian Portuguese;
- A lot of interaction with Brazilian people;
- Learn how to cook a delicious "cuca" and eat a lot in the Café Colonial;
- Visit the countryside of south region of Brazil;
- Lectures and activities related to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals;
- Activities at UNISC labs - hands-on experiences
Please connect with your Mobility Coordinator for more information or to discuss a nomination to this program. Program dates: Feb 27 to Mar 10, 2023. More details can be found https://sites.google.com/view/internationalschoolunisc
Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program 2023-2024: Scholarships for Canadian academics, students, and professionals
Global Affairs Canada and the Chinese Ministry of Education are offering short-term scholarships to Canadians wishing to study abroad in China. Scholarships are awarded for studies, research, language studies or a combination of studies and language studies at participating Chinese institutions.
- Funding organizations: Global Affairs Canada and the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China
- Target audiences: Canadian students (college, undergraduate and graduate levels in Canada); Canadian faculty members and research staff at a post-secondary institution in Canada; Canadian mid-career professionals
- Duration: 4 to 12 months for students; and 8 weeks to 12 months for faculty members and mid-career professionals
- Inclusions: Airfare, tuition fees, monthly living stipend, on-campus accommodation and medical insurance
- Deadline: January 20, 2023
For full program details and to submit an online application, visit: Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program. For any inquiries regarding this scholarship program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-4820.
Kansai Gaidai University's Home-Based ASP (Asian Studies Program) - Spring 2023
A remote program with those who are interested in:
- Japanese Language courses taught by experienced Japanese instructors;
- Content-based courses focusing on Japan and Asia; &
- Online interaction with local Kansai Gaidai students available!
Please connect with your Mobility Coordinator for more information or to discuss a nomination to this program. Deadline is December 16th, 2022.
If you are planning for a learning abroad experience in the future, it is worthwhile to book an appointment with your mobility coordinator to begin the planning process.