Professional Development Information
Understanding Personality Types in the Workplace - Using MBTI
Gain a better understanding of how personality type affects decision making, communications, and work relationships.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®) is considered the most widely used personality assessment tool of its kind. It focuses on four distinct preferences of personality: how you are energized, how you prefer to take in information, how you prefer to make decisions, and how much structure you prefer around you.
Understanding Personality Types in the Workplace Using MBTI® helps managers, supervisors and professionals to strengthen their management, coaching, leadership and conflict management skills by learning the basics of type theory and personality preferences. This seminar uses a hands-on, practical learning technique with participants working through a series of worksheets activities, discussions, and case studies.
- Understand the impact of personality type on business operations
- Understand your own personality type
- Become a more effective communicator
- Build rapport with co-workers and employees
- Learn to adjust your communication style to match others personality types
- Know how to use the MBTI framework in your organization
- Introduce techniques to improve manager-employee relations
- Introduce strategies for better conflict resolution
- Encourage tolerance and respect among employees
- Promote a team environment and help improve morale
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors and professionals who want to strengthen their management, coaching, leadership, and conflict management skills.
The module includes MBTI® focused learning to help participants:
- Discover their Best Fit type
- Validate natural preferences and behaviours
- Understand why some activities, events or people leave you feeling stressed or drained, while others leave you energized
- Determine the impact of preferences on the behaviour of other individuals or groups
- Value and work with the strengths of others
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7