Professional Development Information
Planning and Goal Setting
Learn how to use effective planning to achieve realistic goals that contribute to the success of your organization.
Planning and Goal Setting teaches how planning can enhance organizational performance and provide a key to success in supervision. The seminar helps participants understand and learn to apply the principles of goal-setting in the workplace. Participants will learn the purpose of organizational planning, types of planning, a planning process, and steps to take to ensure planning effectiveness. The seminar also teaches the principles of goal setting and objectives management and explains a framework for making the process a success. Participants will learn how to apply Management by Objectives (MBO) to enhance employee performance.
The seminar will be conducted on a highly interactive basis that will facilitate exchange of ideas among all participants and the instructor. Experiential exercises, case work, and a video presentation engage participants in the learning process.
- Learn how to set goals and objectives
- Understand the purpose of organizational planning
- Learn effective methods of goal and objective setting
- Understand and apply Management by Objectives (MBO)
- Understand the importance of employee involvement in goal setting
- Learn methods for formalizing the goal setting process
- Introduce a Management by Objectives (MBO) philosophy
- Learn how to use planning to enhance organizational and employee performance
- Introduce tools to effectively measure results
- Learn techniques for monitoring and control performance
Who Should Attend
This seminar is applicable to professionals in a supervisory or managerial position in any public or private organization. It is also targeted to individuals who have a keen interest in developing their management potential.
Develop your effectiveness in planning and goal setting through professional development in:
- Planning as a management tool
- Purposes and types of plans
- Understanding the hierarchy of plans
- How to become effective as an organizational planner
- Essentials of goal setting process and how it contributes to higher productivity
- How to formulate effective and feasible goals
- Management by Objectives: essential steps and how they fit with organizational strategies
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7