Professional Development Information
Innovation: From Vision to Reality
Learn a proven innovation process that contributes to the development of a culture of innovation in organizations.
Innovation: From Vision to Reality engages participants in the process of creating, developing and implementing innovation. This seminar uses a combination of lecture, relevant case study, small group assignments and classroom discussion to present a process for innovation from idea generation to implementation.
- Generate visions and ideas
- Create the culture within the organization which supports innovation
- Identify the drivers for innovation and how to capture visions and ideas
- Form the innovation team
- Apply the innovation process to realize opportunities
- Apply the innovation process to work processes, team interaction and work structures
- Develop Innovation Statements
- Identify and overcome barriers to innovation
- Prioritize innovations to ensure those with the highest impact are realized first
- Develop the business effectiveness strategy and detailed implementation plans that ensure successful execution of the innovations
- Identify benefits to each innovation
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 14
This is a core module in the Public Sector Leadership and Management Development Program.
- Understand innovation teams
- Understand the process of innovation
- Learn to apply and implement innovations
- Know how to improve public sector effectiveness through the use of innovation
- Learn how to introduce and implement an effective innovative process
Who Should Attend
Leaders and managers who wish to develop their understanding of the innovation process and how it applies in a public sector environment.