Professional Development Information
HR Succession Planning
Implement a succession planning strategy that will prepare your organization now for key personnel changes that will occur in the future.
HR Succession Planning leads participants through the process for developing a plan focused on leadership continuity, improved knowledge sharing, and transitioning people into critical roles. The seminar defines succession planning, details the importance of succession planning in an organization, and explains the conditions for successful succession planning. Participants will understand the process for establishing a succession plan and how to align the plan with an organizations strategic plan. The seminar also explores succession planning in a family run business.
This is a module in the Human Resource Professional Program.
- Understand the structure and process of succession planning
- Learn the methodology from risk assessment to action planning
- Contribute to the continued success of your organization
- Learn succession planning tools and techniques
- Share ideas and experiences
- Capitalize on existing talent
- Introduce best practices in succession planning
- Learn how to define key roles
- Include succession planning in the organizations strategic plan
- Make employees aware of the importance of succession planning
- Understand criteria for succession and capacity planning
- Introduce strategies to support long term success and continuity
- Understand how succession planning can help minimize risk and maintain organizational stability
Who Should Attend
Businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and government agencies benefit greatly from succession planning which ensuring your human resources are prepared to achieve your organizations long-term goals.
This seminar is beneficial for business owners, managers, supervisors and human resource professionals in all sectors and industries.
Understand the value of investing in your employees through professional development in:
- The best practices of succession planning
- Identifying where potential personnel gaps exist in your organization
- The four steps to succession planning
- Conduct a risk analysis
- Identification of high-potential employees
- Development of high-potential employees
- Monitor the succession process for strategic value to your institution
- The challenges of implementing a succession plan
- Developing an action plan to begin implementing a succession plan
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7