Professional Development Information
Essential Communication Skills for Professionals
Build your professional image and improve your organizational effectiveness by acquiring the skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively.
How we communicate in our work environments is constantly changing. The norm for our day-to-day communications is now a world of e-mail and text-messaging, interspersed with face-to-face communications. Recognizing the importance and etiquette required for interpersonal and organizational communication is critical for your professional success. This seminar will address all forms of communication used in the workplace and give you the skills you need to communicate successfully.
This is a module in the Professional Communication Skills Program.
- Active listening and questioning
- The importance of diplomacy and tact in communications
- Adapting communication style to suit the audience
- Interpersonal and organizational communications at all levels
- Text-messaging, e-mail, and mobile etiquette
- The power, influence and impact of non-verbal communication
"This seminar was extremely useful to not only reinforce communication concepts, but to shed light on areas that I had not considered. Very valuable course."
"This seminar focuses on today's communication challenges and how to solve them. Very valuable course, a must for a business"
"Get in to see Lynn!"
- Strengthen business communication skills
- Learn solutions for communication challenges
- Gain confidence in all areas of business communication
- Build professional image
- Improve organizational effectiveness
- Understand the importance of active listening in communication
- Introduce current communication protocols to the organization
- Improve overall organizational communications
- Build an effective and confident team of communicators
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors and professionals who want to build their written, oral, and non-verbal communication skills.
Lynn Morrissey has over 25 years' experience as a facilitator, consultant, and educator. She has taught academic courses in communications, organizational behaviour, and human resources, at the Faculty of Business Administration, Memorial University. She has received many awards for her contributions including the Deans Teaching Award, the Deans Service Award, the Deans Citizenship Award, the Presidents Award for Distinguished Teaching and most recently the Queen`s Diamond Jubilee Medal (2012).
Lynn has a long-standing relationship with Gardiner Centre, instructing professional development seminars that focus on various fields of workplace communications and facilitation skills. Lynn's industry experience includes writing training and development strategies, developing training plans, leading performance development processes, conducting communications reviews, facilitating strategy sessions, and executive coaching.
In her 'spare time' Lynn is also Faculty Advisor for Enactus (formerly SIFE) Memorial, an international student organization focusing on enhancing entrepreneurial skills and community development. Under Lynn's mentorship, the Enactus Memorial team has consistently achieved top awards and accolades at both the national and international levels. In 2007 Lynn was awarded the John Dobson Faculty Advisor of the Year in Canada for her work with her Enactus team.