Professional Development Information
Essential Communication Skills for Professionals
Inquire below for future seminar dates.
Gardiner Centre courses and programs can be delivered just for your team!Get this training for your team
Build your professional image and improve your organizational effectiveness by acquiring the skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively.
How we communicate in our work environments is constantly changing. The norm for our day-to-day communications is now a world of e-mail and text-messaging, interspersed with face-to-face communications. Recognizing the importance and etiquette required for interpersonal and organizational communication is critical for your professional success. This course will address all forms of communication used in the workplace and give you the skills you need to communicate successfully.
- Active listening and questioning
- The importance of diplomacy and tact in communications
- Adapting communication style to suit the audience
- Interpersonal and organizational communications at all levels
- Text-messaging, e-mail, and mobile etiquette
- The power, influence and impact of non-verbal communication
This is a module in the Professional Communication Skills Program.
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7
Past Participants Said:
"This course was extremely useful to not only reinforce communication concepts but to shed light on areas that I had not considered. Very valuable course."
"This course focuses on today's communication challenges and how to solve them. Very valuable course, a must for any business"
- Rick Smith, Inmarsat
- Strengthen business communication skills
- Learn solutions for communication challenges
- Gain confidence in all areas of business communication
- Build professional image
- Improve organizational effectiveness
- Understand the importance of active listening in communication
- Introduce current communication protocols to the organization
- Improve overall organizational communications
- Build an effective and confident team of communicators
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors and professionals who want to build their written, oral, and non-verbal communication skills.