Professional Development Information
Effective Meeting Management
Learn how to plan and manage efficient and productive meetings.
Effective Meeting Management explores the key elements that contribute to effective meetings. The critical roles and responsibilities of every meeting participant are explored and emphasized throughout the session. Course participants discuss various meeting challenges and work together to generate workable solutions. Participants will gain insight into practical meeting management ideas and tools and how to employ them in the workplace.
- Improve efficiency by understanding the importance of setting clear purposes and goals for meetings
- Learn practical tools for conducting and managing meetings for results
- Learn techniques to handle difficult situations in meetings
- Introduce strategies to build rapport among teams and get the most from meeting participants
Build your meeting management skills through professional development in:
- Appreciate the impact of your verbal and nonverbal communications.
- Discover how to plan and prepare for meetings before, during and after
- Identify the roles of the chairperson and participants
- Learn meeting dos and donts
- Establish meeting manners and protocol
- Keep your meeting agenda on track: staying on time and focused
- Ensure that each meeting produces actionable items
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 3.5