Professional Development Information
Coaching Out of the Box
Leverage the brilliance, talents and expertise of your team to create possibilities and achieve amazing results.
Introducing coaching into your workplace will help create a coaching culture where employees are engaged, challenged, and provided with learning opportunities that will support success. Through the Coaching Out of the Box® program for managers, you will learn coaching skills in a simple, engaging and experiential way. You will become a more effective leader while developing your employees.
This seminar provides easy-to-understand overviews and concept introductions and plenty of coaching practice. The instructor taps into the participant's natural way of coaching and shares resources and learning to compliment what they are doing and who they are naturally.
Build your competencies in coaching by:
- Learning how to encourage action, growth and new awareness in others
- Learning how to ask powerful questions that accelerate development and new insights
- Establishing meaningful and motivating goals and workable plans to achieve them
- Learning new ways of listening
- Moving from building walls to building trust
- Asking powerful questions
- Turning harsh truths into productive feedback
- Developing resourceful, self-reliant problem solvers
Each participant receives a box full of resourceful materials for learning and supporting their coaching. The box includes a Participants Workbook, Desk Reference Pyramid with the 5/5/5/ model, 365 Coaching Questions booklet, 50 Coaching Questions quick reference bookmark and The Airplane Journals DVD, a documentary on coaching by an award winning documentary filmmaker which includes coaching demonstrations and instruction.
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 10.5
This is an elective module in the Human Resource Development Program.
- Learn a step by step approach to coaching
- Catalyze bigger, bolder actions in others
- Acquire productive coaching tools
- Learn to provide constructive feedback
- Understand the importance of listening
- Become a better leader
- Empower employees to become better decision makers
- Strengthen relationships with employees
- Learn transferable coaching skills
- Understand how to use coaching to improve organizational operations
- Deploy techniques to build a resourceful team environment
- Enhance the interpersonal skills of managers and employees
- Encourage an environment that focuses on problem solving and resolution
- Introduce techniques to help develop a supportive, coaching culture
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, project leaders, team leaders and human resource professionals.