MBA Consulting Program
Connecting Businesses to Students
Gardiner Centre facilitates the MBA Consulting Program, a collaborative initiative of Gardiner Centre, faculty members, and MBA students. Teams of MBA students (under faculty supervision) are paired with local organizations for a semester to consult on strategic issues facing these organizations. Students are provided with access to Gardiner Centre and faculty mentors during the consulting program. Each student is registered for the MBA Management Consulting Course (Business 9035), as part of their MBA program, which enables each student to earn course credit toward their degree. At the conclusion of the projects, clients receive practical recommendations on how to move their business forward, while students gain insight into the consulting field and apply classroom theory to actual business situations.
• The course operates as a semester-long project, with students playing the role of members of consulting teams who work on projects for local companies.
• The student consulting teams avail of the expertise of senior staff within the Gardiner Centre and draw upon the advice and input of a number of senior faculty members. Gardiner Centre also provides the student consultants with administrative support.
• Students applying to the course usually will have already completed their first year MBA courses or will have significant work experience.
• At the conclusion of each project, consulting teams formally present their solution and provide a written report to the client.
• Projects are carefully selected to challenge students to think of practical business solutions to actual managerial challenges.
• To participate in the program clients pay a fee of $5000 to help defray with administrative cost and expenses.
Do you need a consulting solution for your organization?
For more information contact:
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR & SENIOR PARTNER
GARDINER CENTRE SOLUTIONS
Phone: 709.864.2302 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org