Certificate Program Info
Human Resource Professional Program
Learn forward thinking employment practices and strategies to develop your organizations most valuable asset your people.
The Human Resources Professional Program includes essential human resource topics that, when combined, help you to manage the organizations talent and implement an effective human resources plan to drive your organization to achieve peak performance. People are the life force of all organizations and whether you are a human resource professional, supervisor, manager, business owner or entrepreneur understanding the fundamentals of human resource management becomes a key element to the success of the organization.
The program includes 9 courses that address the importance of having a comprehensive human resource plan linked to the organizations overall strategy, and extends to cover areas such as, recruitment and retention, employment law and performance development among other topic areas. Each course is delivered by our expert instructors who provide results-oriented and practical subject matter along with real-world experiences and exercises to help each participant solidify their knowledge of HR practices and strategies.
Courses can be completed in any order and, upon completion, participants will be issued a certificate of achievement for the human resources development program, acknowledging focused skills development in this professional discipline.
The Recruitment and Selection Process March 2, 2020
Performance Coaching and Development March 26 and 27, 2020
Investing in Employee Development June 2, 2020
Employment Law for Managers Fall 2020
Developing a Human Resource Plan Fall 2020
HR Succession Planning Fall 2020
HR Policy Essentials Fall 2020
"I have thoroughly enjoyed completeing the HR Professional Program at the Gardiner Centre. It's been an interesting and enlightening year, delivered by great staff."
- Dianna Tibbo, Capitol Auto Group
- Strengthen human resource management competencies
- Define your role in human resource planning
- Learn practical human resource planning skills
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the organization
- Understand the value of employee coaching
- Motivate employees to achieve personal and organizational success
- Advance your HR career
- Create organizational success through effective HR planning
- Build a strong and effective human resource team
- Ensure a link between human resource planning and overall strategic direction
- Introduce HR best practices
- Create an enriching work experience
- Improve employee morale and workplace environment
- Encourage dignity and respect in the workplace
This program is structured to be flexible and self-directed so that it can be completed within one year or over several years. Upon completion of the required modules, participants will be issued a Certificate of Achievement, acknowledging focused skills development in this subject area.
The total cost of the program is $4840 + HST.
Financial Assistance Available
The Canada Newfoundland and Labrador Job Grant Program provides financial assistance to private and non-profit employers to offset the cost of providing training to new or current employees. Employers can access to up to $15,000 in government support for employee training per trainee! More information on the funding application can be found at www.gov.nl.ca/aesl/