Methods of Payment
- Online Banking
- Wire Transfer using GlobalPay
- Credit Card
- Cheques/Tuition Voucher
- Payroll Deductions Graduate Students
- Student Aid
Online Banking - Memorial University can be set up for bill payment through online banking. Just follow these 3 easy steps:
- Set up Memorial University as a payee with your Canadian financial institution by searching for the word "Memorial".
- Your student number is your account number.
- Follow your bank's instructions to make a payment to Memorial.
Payments should be processed within 3 business days. Login to my.mun.ca and check your student account to ensure the payment has been applied. Payments made on or before the fees payment deadline are considered received by Memorial as of the bank transaction date and will NOT be charged a late fee.
Wire Transfer using GlobalPay for Students - Use the GlobalPay for Students platform to send your wire transfer to Memorial University. GlobalPay makes paying tuition and related fees simple and affordable. Please note that Memorial does not accept payments on student accounts for personal expenses or books.
Just follow these 3 steps:
- Start a nonobligatory foreign currency exchange quote by clicking here.
- Select your method of payment. There will be a wire transfer option that can be completed through your bank.
- Include your information to finish your quote. For wire transfers, you will find the bank account information provided in your payment instructions at the end of the quote process. Please note that quotes expire in 72 hours.
For more information on this payment option, click here..
Credit Card - MasterCard and Visa are accepted for the payment of tuition and related fees. MasterCard and Visa payments can only be made through Memorial Self-Service. Credit card payments cannot be made in-person at the Cashier's Office.
- Login to my.mun.ca to launch Memorial Self-Service.
- Click on the following links Student Main Menu > Financial Information > Credit Card Payment.
- Follow the instructions to make a credit card payment.
Please note there will be a convenience fee of 2.25% charged to your card by Moneris. Payments made through Self-Service should be applied to your student account immediately.
Cheques - Cheques/Tuition Vouchers can be mailed to the appropriate address listed below. Please include the student number on the back of the cheque/tuition voucher. The cheque/tuition voucher will be valid on the date received.
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Arts and Administration Building
230 Elizabeth Avenue
St. John's, NL
A1C 5S7 Canada
Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland
20 University Drive
Corner Brook, NL
A2H 5G4 Canada
Fisheries and Marine Institute of
the Memorial University of Newfoundland
P.O. Box 4920
St. John’s, NL
A1C 5R3 Canada
A dishonoured cheque fee of $25.00 will be charged for each cheque tendered to the University and not honoured by the bank. A student with a dishonoured cheque record must pay fees by cash, certified cheque or money order.
Payroll Deductions for Graduate Students - Graduate students receiving funding through the University payroll system may elect to pay their tuition and other charges by payroll deduction. The policy for payroll deduction is available on the graduate student website under Payroll Deduction. Payroll Deductions can be requested by logging into my.mun.ca and clicking on the Employee tab. To avoid a late fee, the online form must be submitted every semester before the fee payment deadline.
Student Aid - Students paying fees from a Canada Student Loan who are not on a disbursement schedule will have the amount owing signed out automatically from their loans.