Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply to the ESL Pathway Programs?
- Instructions on how to apply are available on the MUN English as a Second Language website. Please check our ESL Admission/Readmission Information page.
How much does it cost to apply to the ESL Pathway Programs?
- Click here for information outlining the ESL Application Fee and MUNTEL Registration Fee.
What is the deadline to apply to the ESL Pathway Programs?
- The deadlines to apply to the ESL Pathway Programs are listed on the Intensive English Program and Intensive Bridge Program pages.
Which ESL Pathway Program should I apply for?
- Our ESL Pathway programs include the Intensive English Program (for students from the beginner to a high-intermediate level [levels 1-6]) and the Intensive Bridge Program (for students at an advanced level [level 7]). Your application is for the ESL Pathway Programs: once you complete our MUN Test of English Language (MUNTEL), you will know at which level you are (1-7).
I have submitted my ESL application; what should I do now?
- Once we receive your ESL application form, ESL application fee, and MUNTEL registration fee, we will email you your ESL acceptance letter.
Should I apply for an undergraduate/a graduate degree program and the ESL Pathway Programs at the same time, or first complete the ESL Pathway Programs, and then proceed with an application for a Memorial degree program?
- It is up to you. Most students apply for a Memorial undergraduate/graduate degree program, and if they have not met the English requirement, they apply to our ESL Pathway Programs.
Do all students who apply for the ESL Pathway Programs need to pay both the ESL Application Fee and the MUNTEL Registration Fee?
- Yes, because we use MUNTEL for placement in our ESL Pathway Programs.
Fees and Tuition Questions
How much do the ESL Pathway Programs cost?
- Click here for information outlining the ESL Program Fees.
How do I pay my ESL deposit and fees?
- Click here for instructions on how to pay your ESL deposit and fees.
What is the tuition for the ESL Program for one full year?
- Information on ESL Program fees and tuition (per semester) can be found here.
What are the dates for the ESL Pathway Programs?
- The dates for the ESL Pathway Programs are listed on the Intensive English Program and Intensive Bridge Program pages.
Are there classes if it is a holiday?
- Our program calendar contains a list of holidays that occur during the semester. There will be no classes on these days. Please note that these dates are subject to change.
How can I apply to the ESL Conversation Partner Program?
- The ESL Conversation Partner Program is open to all currently enrolled Memorial University students. Instructions on how to apply to the ESL Conversation Partner Program can be found here.
How is COVID-19 affecting Memorial’s ESL Programs?
- For information about COVID-19 and Memorial’s ESL Programs please click here. For further information, and for updates about Memorial University as a whole, please visit Memorial’s COVID-19 Information Hub.
How can I complete the ESL PDF Application Forms (or any other form on this website)?
- Click here for a document outlining how to Fill and Sign the ESL PDF Application Forms.
How many semesters does it take to complete the ESL Pathway Programs?
- It depends on your English proficiency level and level placement in our programs. Please consult our ESL Level Placement and Progression page for details.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
- If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As we are still working remotely, please do not call our office.