Operations in Arctic and sub-Arctic regions face challenges from harsh environments. Such harsh conditions can be attributed to low temperatures, high winds, extreme freezing in remote locations, icing and permafrost. Due to these conditions, offshore operations face many safety and integrity management challenges such as seasonal variations, data scarcity, and logistics. To deal with these challenges, it is crucial to perform risk assessment and develop reliable and resilient operational models to achieve safe working conditions.
The 4th workshop and symposium will offer the following to its participants:
• Workshops for industry experts on the topics of Alarm Management, Human Factors, Digitization, and Logistics in Harsh Environments
• Symposium sessions to share the latest research advancements in the areas of safety and risk of offshore operations
For more information contact us or view the following details:
- Download the Call for Papers (1 page)
- Download the Program Details (5 pages)
- Journal for Safety in Extreme Environments
Upcoming Dates & Deadlines:
Feb 28, 2019 (Paper Draft Submission)
Mar 15, 2019 (Peer Review Feedback)
Apr 15, 2019 (Final Paper Submission)
April TBD (Registration Opens)
May 15, 2019 (Notification of Accepted Papers)
Thank you to our partners and supporters for making this event possible.