I am pursuing a PhD in the Department of Process Engineering, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada under the supervision of Dr. Faisal Khan, Dr. Syed Imtiaz and Dr. Salim Ahmed. I am working on fault detection and diagnosis in complex processes using data-driven methods. I did my bachelors at Aligarh Muslim University (India) and masters at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. I have worked as a faculty member in the Department of Petroleum Studies, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India, since Aug 01, 2012 to Jan 01, 2017. I am a recipient of distinct awards e.g., Golden Jubilee Awards by “Indian Institute for Chemical Engineers (IIChE, NRC Delhi), Merit scholarship by AMU, Alumni Association, (Michigan USA), Merit cum means scholarship by Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India and Maulana Tufail Ahmad Medal for standing first in B. Tech. (Chemical Engineering).
- Abnormal situation management (ASM)
- Fault detection and diagnosis
- Evolutionary computation
- Alauddin M., Khan F., Imtiaz S., and Ahmad S., A bibliometric review and analysis of data-driven fault detection and diagnosis methods for process systems, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 2018, 57 (32), 10719–10735.
- Alauddin M., “Variable Flight Mosquito Flying Optimization (V-MFO)” Book Chapter, Applications of Soft Computing for the Web. Springer, Singapore, 2017, pp. 271-283.
- Ahmad M., Alauddin M., Hamed D. Al-Sharari, “Heuristic Approach for Nonlinear n×n (3≤n≤7) Substitution-Boxes” 3rd International Conference on Computer & Communication Technologies (IC3T-2016), Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer, vol. 542, pp. 347-356, 5-6 November, Vijayawada. ISSN: 2194-5357. ISBN: 978-6.
- Alauddin M., “Mosquito Flying Optimization (MFO)” International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Optimization Techniques (ICEEOT-2016) with calalog- 978-1-4673-9939-5/16/$31.00 2016, DMI College of Engineering, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, 3-5 March 2016.