Bachelor of Education (Post-Secondary) as a First Degree
The Bachelor of Education (Post-Secondary) as a First Degree is designed to prepare students for a variety of instructional and leadership roles in formal and informal post-secondary education, including careers in academic, adult, community, technical and trades, and professional education.
This program is designed to be completed either full or part-time and is the equivalent of a 120 credit hour program.
The program commences in fall and winter. The deadline for submission of application is May 15 for fall intake and September 15 for Winter intake.
- To be considered for admission an applicant must meet general admission requirements of the University, and have:
- completed the Diploma in Adult Learning and Post-Secondary Education;
- completed a program of study as verified by one of:
- a certificate of qualification as a journeyperson for a designated trade; or
- a certificate or diploma from a college, university, or school (vocational, technical, business); or
- satisfactory completion of a training program equivalent to bullet one or two above.
2. Advanced standing to a maximum of 30 credit hours may be awarded, upon admission, for training and work experience. For more information please contact the Admissions Office.
Supporting documents for Application
- Two (2) References required who can attest to your suitability to work as a teacher of adults. Referees' names and email addresses will be requested and collected electronically by the Office of the Registrar during the online application process. Referrees will be contacted automatically by the Office of the Registrar shortly after submission of your online application for admission.
- Resume: To be submitted directly to the Office of the Registrar
- A Work Experience form Post-Secondary Work Experience Form: To be submitted directly to the Office of the Registrar
- Transcripts: Awarded certificates and diplomas, from institutions other than Memorial University are to be submitted at the time of application indicating courses in progress and courses completed. Official Transcripts, certificates and diplomas are to be sent directly from the awarding Institution to The Office of the Registrar, Memorial University.