Dr. Scott Johnston
Faculty of Education
Scholarly and Professional Activities
Editorial Board Memberships:
- Editorial Board Member: Educational Research and Reviews 2005-2008
- Editorial Review Board Member: Educational Theory 2008-2013
- Editorial Board Member: Encounters in Education 2008-2014
- Associate Editor: Dewey Studies 2016-present [ PDF]
- Co-coordinator, History and Theory of Education International Research Group (2012-2015)
- Program Chair, Canadian Philosophy of Education Society (CPES) 2008-2009
- Core Member, Theory and History of Education International Research Group 2007-2012
Internal Research Funding
- 2016: VP SSHRC. Memorial University of Newfoundland. $5,900.00 for graduate student assistance with Book project: John Dewey’s Later Logical Theory.
- 2013: VP SSHRC. Memorial University of Newfoundland. $6,800.00 for travel to the Center for Dewey Studies at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois.
- 2009: Faculty of Education SEED Grant Award: $5,000.00 for a graduate student to help write a SHRCC and Spencer Fellowship Award for an international symposium for Teacher Preparation
- 2009: Faculty of Education E-Learning Grant Award: $4,100.00 for design and maintenance of an Online Seminar in History, Philosophy, and Sociology of Educational Research (with Dr. George Hills)
- 2008: Funding for Travel from Research Start-up Program, $6500.00 to attend Canadian Society for Study of Education (CSSE), International Standing Committee on the History of Education (ISCHE), and International Network of Philosophers of Education (INPE).
- 2007: Faculty of Education Elliot Travel Award: $1,500.00 Travel Grant for attending CSSE
- 2007: Queen’s University Office of Research Service Travel Award: $900.00 Travel Grant for attending International Standing Committee on the History of Education (ISCHE) in Hamburg, Germany
- 2007: $2000.00 for Teaching Assistant in preparation for EDUC 900 course
- 2006: Queen’s University Office of Research Services Travel Award: $1,300.00 Travel Grant for attending National University of Singapore for Dewey as Art, Belief, and Culture.
- 2006: $900.00 Faculty of Education Travel Award for attending International Network of Philosophers of Education (INPE) at University of Malta.