Course and Registration Information
Important to Remember:
- Part-time MEd students can register for a maximum of one (1) course during Fall and Winter Semesters and two (2) during Intersession/Spring/Summer Semester.
- Full-time MEd students can register for a maximum of four (4) courses during Fall, Winter, and Intersession/Spring/Summer Semesters.
- Registration of CBU courses (for M.Ed. - Educational Technology Studies) goes through the Faculty of Education, Office of Academic Programs on registration day. Failure to go through our office may result in students being charged additional fees.
- Registration for ED9000 (M.Ed. students) and EFLC (MAED students) is mandatory. This is not a course – it merely identifies students at the graduate level and connects to tuition fees. Students are responsible for fees while ED9000/EFLC9000 is active. ED9000/EFLC9000 remains active unless one of the following happens: student requests a leave of absence or formally withdrawals from the program or if a student's program is terminated. Requests for leave of absence or withdrawal must be written to the Faculty of Education, Office of Academic Programs. A request for leave of absence or withdrawal would be required to waive fees for a given semester and to drop ED9000/EFLC9000.
(Updated: Friday, July 29, 2022)
Please refer to the course offerings file below that is applicable to your program of study:
- MAEd - Arts and Education (Fall 2022)
- MEd - Curriculum, Teaching and Learning Studies (Fall 2022)
- MEd - Educational Technology (Fall 2022)
- MEd + Graduate Diploma - Educational Leadership Studies (Fall 2022)
- MEd + Graduate Diploma - Post-Secondary Studies (Fall 2022)
- MEd + Graduate Diploma - Reading Development and Instruction (Fall 2022)
- PhD (Fall 2022)
- Brief course descriptions are available for a limited number of graduate courses.
- Textbooks can be ordered through the Memorial University Bookstore. To view textbook order information for the Fall 2022 semester visit the Memorial University Bookstore Website (be sure to check often for updated textbook information).
- Graduate registration for the Fall 2022 semester begins August 1, 2022, at 8:00am NST.
- Students are responsible for their own registration via Memorial Self-Service and are advised to review the instructions available on the School of Graduate Studies Website.
- Please review our FAQ page to help with inquiries during registration. Please direct any questions or concerns not addressed on this page to the Faculty of Education, Office of Academic Programs.
- Check your financial account via the Memorial Self-Service prior to registration and ensure any outstanding fees from previous semesters are paid in full so it does not prevent you from registering. Financial questions or concerns can be directed to the Cashier's Office.
All students are added to the graduate society listserv in their first semester to ensure they receive important information, news items, and announcements.
- To unsubscribe from the gradsociety listserv, email firstname.lastname@example.org (with a blank subject) containing just the following in the body of the email: Unsubscribe gradsociety
- You will need to use your MUN email account as that is the account used to sign up students.
New Incoming Students
The Faculty of Education, Academic Programs Office communicates with on-program students via their @mun.ca email accounts. Please ensure that your email is activated and checked regularly. Please go to the Office of the CIO for information on how to set up your account. Also, it is important to visit and review the School of Graduate Studies Guide for New Graduate Students.
Faculty of Education, Office of Academic Programs
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL A1B 3X8
Telephone: (709) 864-3403
Facsimile: (709) 864-2001