Annual Legacy of Leadership Award
The Faculty of Education Legacy of Leadership Awards, established in 2022 during the 100 year celebration of the Faculty, recognize and honour those who have led significant and sustained initiatives to improve the educational system in NL. These awards are presented annually to one individual who has contributed to the K-12 school system and one individual who has contributed to the public post-secondary/higher education system.
The 2022 deadline for nominations has been extended to June 30th..
You may nominate a deserving individual for either award who has demonstrated sustained leadership in the field of education in NL. The nomination form must be submitted along with a written submission outlining the following:
- A brief summary of the nominee’s career and accomplishments.
- A clear description of the nominee’s leadership activities including the significance of the nominee’s role.
- The nominee’s impact on education and how the nominee’s contributions in their career are exceptional.
- The nominee’s impact at the local and provincial level. You may include if there is any national or international recognition.
- Evidence of sustained leadership over time
Please note the following documents and nomination form: