What do economists actually do? Find out by combining study with practical work experience!
The Department of Economics offers students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience and put theory into practice through the Economics Co-operative Education Option (ECEO).
The ECEO combines a solid base of course work with program-related work experience over three work terms. It offers students the following benefits:
- up to 12 months of career-related experience
- the chance to build on and test classroom learning through professional practice
- exploration of career interests and options
- enhancement of professional networks
- income during the work terms (work terms are normally paid)
Admission to the ECEO is competitive and selective. Entry into the program requires the successful completion of 30 credit hours and an overall average of at least 65%. Full details on the entry requirements are outlined in the university calendar.
The ECEO is available to full-time economics majors (B.A. and B.Sc.) and honours students only. Students may apply to enter the program in the fall semester only.
How to Apply?
Complete the Economics co-op application form and forward it to the Co-operative Education office along with a resume, a cover letter and an unofficial transcript.
The deadline for applications is October 15 (or next business day).