Discover where your SCIENCE degree can take you...
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR THE FALL SEMESTER IS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2011.
ScienceM@tters is a national award winning program targeted at undergraduate science students beyond first year who are contemplating the value of a science degree, seeking career direction, and looking for guidance from experienced science alumni.
ScienceM@tters is a voluntary program, where students are required to commit 15 hours to the program over the course of a semester; including attendance at regularly scheduled career development sessions and a minimum of 5 contact hours with a Memorial B.Sc. Alumni using Desire2Learn, an online forum.
As a participant, you will:
- Be able to articulate the transferable skills you have gained from your academics
- Have knowledge of career exploration tools and options
- Develop a greater understanding of the job search process including resume development and networking and interview skills
- Be familiar with career portfolios, in particular ePortfolio
- Gain awareness of services and resources available on campus
To successfully complete the program you are required to:
- Attend sessions offered to participants during a number of time slots. Each session focuses on a unique topic and requires a 50 minute commitment.
- Actively participate in mentoring discussions using Desire2Learn™ for a minimum of 5 hours.
- Agree to the conditions outlined in the ScienceM@tters Code of Conduct
Students will receive a letter of confirmation upon successful completion of the above requirements, otherwise a certificate of participation will be given.