Geochemical investigations involving the application of Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS), and allied techniques, to the quantitative elemental and isotopic analysis of natural and synthetic materials. Current emphases:
- Isotope Geochemistry of Hydrothermal Ore Deposits and Volcanic Systems.
- Geochemistry of Magmatic and Volcanic Volatiles.
- Application of Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry to the Light Stable Isotope Analysis of Natural Materials.
- Applications of Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry in Biogeochemistry.
- Development of Advanced Mass Spectrometric Instrumentation for the Microbeam Determination of Isotope Ratios